Thursday, November 4, 2010

Since the wedding was a year ago...

Brides spend months planning every detail of their wedding, but the most important details for them are the dress, hair, and makeup. They take pictures of each step, share with the girls, and make the decisions on how they'll look for arguably, the prettiest day of their lives.

My wedding day definitely felt like the most glamorous day I've ever experienced, but I have to say, my husband does a spectacular job of making me feel beautiful when I'm home in the kitchen. We laugh about the most absurd things, and then have intense theological conversations within the same hour. And all the while, I know he only has eyes for me.
Anyway, the point of this post was to say that it's really neat to look back through your camera after the wedding is over and see all the photos you took in preparation to be a bride and I just wanted to share a few.
And also, I wanted to advertise that my cousin, Erica Weiss, is the MOST fantastic stylist and she did an amazing job on my hair. Honestly she put countless hours and love into making my hair look amazing, and it did.
Check out her new shop! www.hotheadhairstyles.com

We started with a picture of Taylor Swift's hair in her video for "Love Story" and it came out very similar.







She did a beautiful job! But we wanted to make it more unique and so the hairstyle transformed ever so slightly each of the five times we practiced.


We decided to sweep the bangs up to make for less fuss.



Erica was also there to help me decide on
"the dress."
I wasn't sure what I wanted when we went. I took a panel of judges consisting of my mother, my two aunts, Jesi and Debbie, and Erica. I knew they would be honest and tell me what I needed to hear! Jesi was pushing for a very "princess-y" gown but I didn't want the standard bride shape. I wanted a dramatic back and very feminine. I tried a few, but this one stole the cake!



Erica picked the perfect veil.


My room was complete mess for months before the wedding!

The only part of the look that Mark was really allowed to know about beforehand was the makeup. I don't wear any on a daily basis, but it was definitely needed for my wedding day! We didn't want it to be too much, or too dramatic, because I didn't want to look unlike myself. Thankfully, Jennifer is a great makeup artist, just for fun!



I would have been a mess without my family!

This beautiful lady made everything happen, and she did it perfectly.


All while grieving the loss of her father, sister, mother in law, and stepmother.
My mom is amazing.

She did everything possible to make my wedding beautiful.
So after ten months of planning, practicing, and putting it all together, this is what resulted:

Perfect hair and makeup

Gorgeous dress and veil



And the two happiest people in the world on January 9, 2010.

And we're still living happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment