Thursday, February 3, 2011

Design Slump

I read tons of blogs. Mostly crafty and design blogs, and most of them posted by my lifelong friend Katie of http://klynndesign.tumblr.com/. She always has great ideas for modern homes, but my ideas typically lean towards the country & vintage side of things. I like mason jars. And plaid. And worn-looking wood pieces. And I also love nautical looking anything. So my living room is a hodge-podge of random ideas. (See Below)




BORING!

That said, my mama got me a sewing machine for Christmas and I just now set it up. I went to Joann Fabric today and found a print I fell in love with. I only bought a half yard so far, but when I talked with Mama she said we could make valances for the window and door in my living room and some pillows too, so I have to go get the rest of the bolt because it was on clearance for $4 a yard. Mama has a great eye for design as well so I asked for her help and she had great ideas. So here's the fabric:


And I'm off to get started!
Updates to come.
Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jeana, it is cool to hear where God has led the two of you! How long has it been since you guys got settled? Also, is the camp year round? I found out last summer that my cousin, Peter, attended; I was really pleased to hear that he got to meet some of you @ camp :)
    Philia
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ry! Thanks for your comment, we've been here for just over a year and we are now planning our second summer. The camp is also a retreat center so we host a variety of groups, as well as have our own Fall and Spring retreats, and also other events such as night games and banquets. I do remember Peter so I'll have to look for him this summer!

    ReplyDelete