Monday, March 8, 2010

Days Off

Work is going really well so far. I like being busy, and at Trader Joe's I do a little bit of everything. But the days are really long and I love my days off, especially with Mark. You know how everyone has cliches about Mondays? Well they are my favorites because Mark and I get to spend the whole day together. Typically it consists of sleeping in, drinking lots of coffee, visiting with my parents, and running errands. Ordinary things that are so much better together. Today we had breakfast with my parents to celebrate my younger brother Stanley's 22nd birthday. He and his girlfriend, Jennifer, have been together for almost five years, so she's like my sister. We had an awesome breakfast of crepes, bacon, hash browns, fruit, and of course, coffee. Then we took off to pick up some books, hit up a coffee shop, and stop to get a few groceries. When we came home, we took a bike ride around camp. It's such an awesome place! We have so many retro vehicles and THE coolest railroad that goes around camp. The founder actually built them himself, which is really quite amazing. There's this old machine shop with so many huge drills and drawers of who knows what. I've always loved to explore old garages and barns and such. It brought me back to when I was small. I plan to take pictures of all those things. Anyway, even dinner was extra good. Someone gave us a sandwich press, and so we made grilled ham & swiss! YUM!
This week is going to be busy again, with both of us working Tuesday through Saturday, and then Mark handling the retreats for the next two weekends. The Jr. Retreat is this weekend and the Teen Retreat is the following weekend. It's going to be busy, much like the summer. Mark is doing a really great job, and I am so proud of him. Yesterday, when I came home from work, he surprised me with a clean house! He mopped the kitchen, did all the dishes, ran the washer, and cleaned the tub! What a wonderful husband! It will be a little hard for me to cook this week so we have a meal plan for the week, which is typical, but it's lots of easy stuff like homemade pizza and crockpot meals. I really have started to love cooking, and now I have so many cool ingredients available to me at work, so it's even more fun.
Hopefully I can get some pictures up soon, I just need to charge my camera. Off to finish watching Narnia! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment