Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer in Full Swing

Wow, since I haven't blogged in, oh, three months, I'll just fill in a little here and let pictures do the rest of the talking! Summer is in full swing here at Haluwasa, which means Mark is going going going from about 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.-ish. It's a demanding schedule: Sunday afternoon until Friday evening, and then guest groups on Saturday. We don't get too much alone time, but we do spend a lot of time together. God always has, and always will, move in big ways at Camp Haluwasa. We've seen so many changes in staff and campers and it's just incredible. We also encounter a fair share of heartbreak too, but God is good.
We're on week 4 out of 6, which means we head out to California for vacation in just three weeks! Praying for the rest of the summer to be fantastic!
As for me, I have been working a lot less, hanging out at camp a lot more, and either reading blogs on DIY projects or actually coming up with my own. SO, needless to say, I have not been bored.

life is good.



finally, new glasses! from ray ban.



daddy with the FUNNIEST hat ever that jenn brought back from singapore.



hubs during staff training week. so fun, for all of us.




fave sandals and sunglasses...and sporting my londyloo :




diy projects inspired by this very talented lady:







I saw this chalkboard and picture frame, and also the floating picture frames at Target. I was inspired to take an old mirror and give it a new paint job.
Stay tuned for the results!


Here is my husband in the dining hall. Someone made him a lovely flower out of cups and hilarity ensued.

Last but not least, I should mention Jilly. Jill was brought on staff this summer as an assistant to Mark and she has quickly become a close friend. We were so EXCITED to find out that her boyfriend Todd was going to propose this last weekend after taking her skydiving! We had tried to go on a double date to Nifty Fifties a while ago and Mark and I were there on the afternoon that he proposed, so they met up with us to celebrate! Congrats Jill and Todd, we're so excited for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment