Tuesday, October 26, 2010

$5 Finds!

Any of my friends will tell you that I am the deal finder. I never want to pay full price for something if I know I can find it elsewhere for a better price, so I scour the internet and keep tabs on stores that I frequent and wait for them to drop prices. You can read so many articles on how to find deals, and they offer some great advice. One of the best tidbits I've read is to ask your favorite stores what day they do markdowns. That definitely saves you time and gas when you know what days to go in and check for deals. Also, working your coupon resources online and in store can save you some $$$ too! I also love consignment and thrift stores for good deals on jeans and shoes too. I often go to Plato's Closet and sell clothes back and make a few dollars to put towards something new. They are definitely my favorite place to find jeans!

Last week I did a little bit of shopping on my own and with Mark and found some awesome deals. Besides Plato's Closet, my other favorite, FAVORITE store is Macy's. They always put things on sale, and always have coupons. If you get their credit card, you are given even more amazing coupons and deals. I always do well at Gap also. They have been having great sales all year and offer coupons often when you purchase items there. Also, if you get chosen to take the survey, take advantage of it! It only takes five minutes and it's good for 20% off. Always good to keep in your wallet.
One of the best shopping habits to pick up is to shop at the end of the season for next year. You can get amazing deals on things you can't wait to wear next year. For example, this past February I was able to score this Roxy coat for $14 at Macy's...and it was $90 at the beginning of the season. (Image from www.6pm.com) This coat is awesome because it covers everything and is much warmer than it may even look. Roxy has been my favorite clothing company since about age 12. I've always been a beach girl and borderline obsessed with surf culture. Since my husband is so fantastic, he has also taken an interest in the sport and we hope to be surfing the rest of our lives. Anyway, I was able to pick up a few pieces I can wear now and also next summer too for awesomeee deals at PacSun, Macy's, and Plato's. I love all the bright colors and fun prints from Roxy that I can mix into my typically Plain Jane style. (I like simple, streamlined and classic...hence the Gap lovin all the time!) Check out my deals!




From left: Black "Summerland" Roxy tank $5 at PacSun ($12.25 on roxy.com); Grey Roxy "Out of Reach" sweater $24 at Macy's (Originally $54.50, and I later snagged it in another color for $10!); Orange Roxy "Sand Shore" dress $5 at Macy's ($21.99 on roxy.com, originally $44.50); Roxy sweater $18 at Plato's Closet (Brand new with tags, originally marked $54.50); Striped Roxy "Summer Solstice" dress $5 at PacSun ($44.50 on roxy.com)


Tunic from Lux (Urban Outfitters brand) bought for $4 at Plato's Closet. Got it half price because the fabric around the zipper was torn, and I could fix it myself!


The "Summer Solstice" dress and "Out of Reach" sweater.


The "Sand Shore" dress.

Oh yea, and I also got a pair of oxfords at Target for $4.24. Shazam.




So uh, thanks for reading, hope you find great deals, and thanks to my adorable husband who took all these silly pictures for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment