Friday, October 15, 2010

Like Coffee? Try This!

Pumpkin-Spiced Coffee

First, knowing how to make good coffee is a must. From working at Starbucks for two and a half years, I make my coffee a little stronger than most people probably do, but it's consistently good every time with this recipe. The ratio I use is 2 heaping tablespoons of coffee to every 3 cups of water. Buying a coffee scoop that measures 2 tablespoons makes it easy, and consistent.



I was talking with a customer at Trader Joe's one day and she told me this little trick to make amazing coffee! Typically I make 6 cups at a time, so I add 1 heaping teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice to the grounds before I brew it, ( I mean heaping teaspoon!). I mix the two up a little before pressing the brew button and walk away. Your kitchen will smell SO good and the coffee is great with either regular cream and sugar, or some Pumpkin Spice creamer from International Delight or Coffee Mate.


Try adding cinnamon if you don't like these spices! Either way, coffee gets a boost with this old trick. I've been spending a lot less money at the Megabucks since trying this!




No comments:

Post a Comment