Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fabric

Update:
Mark took me back to Joann Fabric Monday night so I could buy the rest of the bolt of that fabric, but alas, there was about twenty inches of it left. Sadness. Thankfully there were other beautiful blue fabrics for the same wonderful price of $4 a yard!

From left: new fabric for valances, and hopefully additional for pillows, the half yard for a small pillow, and the original.



Here's a close-up of the new fabric:


I realize it has a completely different feel than the first, but I like this one just as much, and I can mix all three, (at least I think?)

So we'll see. I also wanted to share a photo of my token country shelf full of meaningful junk. You know, the ones that super long and have tons of little things that mean, (or don't mean), a lot and look cute? In my case, most of it does mean something.

From left: Star candle holder from Boscov's, it was cute, that's all I have to say about that. The red frame I painted and added the fabric rose. The photo is from our wedding and it's pretty cool. The vintage Mason jar is from Alyssa and Barry's wedding. The next frame was a super cute gift from A&B for our anniversary! She cut out lots of little hearts and stamped "Horner" on the hearts and framed it. Love it. And then an '"H" for Horner, and finally a stack of small coffee table books I don't actually read. Except for the Bible Answer book by Hank Hanegraff. That's a good book. I don't know about the rest of his stuff, but that is good. Last of all, I have to share the mirror that Mark gave me for Christmas. I love it, and it has to make it's way into the decor of the living room. Suggestions welcome.




That's all for today. Going to make my first pillow now, and starting valances with Mama tomorrow!

1 comment: