Friday, March 11, 2011

Sorry I've been absent for the past few weeks! I am still working on the living room with Mama. I have been scouring Etsy for inspiration and a few key pieces to add to the vintage Hawaiian theme of the room. The valances are complete, we have bamboo Roman shades, and the ugly door has been painted. I've also acquired a collection of Hawaiians from one of the full-time Crew members at TJ's so I can cut them up for pillows, and I would also like to frame the top half of one for a collage.
Collage, yes, that's what I'm going to do on one wall. The mirror from the previous post would look lonely by itself, so here's what I'm thinking:


A fun little souvenir plate..
(From the Daisy Gert Etsy shop)


And framing a vintage map.
(From the Gossamer Memories Etsy shop)

Both of these would look great with the mirror and the framed Hawaiian. I'm just doing this whole project little by little so I'm not dumping a load of cash all at once. Mama and I have also been discussing making a stenciled border around the room too instead of painting everything. I found some awesome stencils on Etsy from the Royal Design Stencils shop, but I think this one will flow best with the theme:

Awesome, right?


Life update: The Junior & Teen Retreats are this weekend and next, my lovely friend Lindsay (Linzel =)is getting married next weekend (!), helping BriG with many projects for her and Kris' wedding in May (also !)and I got switched to mostly mornings at TJ's and down to just three days. Pretty stoked about all of the above.
God is more than loving and gracious and generous to us.
He is the reason for all good things.

1 comment: