Saturday, March 26, 2011

Little Updates

I'm thinking an update is overdue
There's been a lot going on, as usual, in our lives and in our ministry! March isn't over yet, but it has been SO busy. We had the Junior and Teen retreats, a lovely friend's wedding, led worship (Mark, not I!)at several different meetings, went to a funeral, and last night a church presentation. We ate with three different family members this week so I only had to cook once! My new schedule has been working out beautifully and I'm praying it keeps going like this.

So the wedding! My friend Lindsay! I'm so happy for her and her new husband, Justin. They met on eHarmony about the time I met Mark. She planned out every detail to have a romantic modern vintage theme using a black, white, and red color scheme.

Here's my favorite shop of the beautiful bride.



Everything came out perfectly. Except for the fact that her dear uncle was holding on for dear life, and sadly passed early the next morning. (So that explains the funeral). My heart aches for the family, and it's even harder to digest because he is the same age as my father. I cannot imagine life without my father.

This coming month we have a few guest groups at camp, but when May comes we all hit the ground running. Mark and I are getting excited for a few short trips coming up though! My cousin Phil is coming in from California to look at some colleges on the East Coast. We're taking him up to visit NYU for the day this coming week, and the following weekend Mark and I, and our two buddies, Josh and Drew, are going on a short backpacking trip in the Shenandoah Valley! I'm excited to do something Mark loves so much, and I always have a good time with the guys. It'll be a great time of fellowship, I'm sure.
So yeah, we have a few slow weeks around here and then May will be busy. every.single.weekend. Not just because of camp, but because everything happens in May. I'm feeling the exhaustion already! Hopefully we'll be squeezing in plenty of time on the beach. and surfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment