Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sorry for the delay...

Yup, another gap in blogging for several months. I guess I'll never be too great at this, however, I am seriously busy all the time! (Even when I don't need to be..) We had an incredibly busy month of May starting with a visit to a pastor friend's home near Tom's River and church presentation for Camp during the first weekend. Then we had my beautiful cousin Emma's (who was also my flower girl) First Holy Communion the second weekend. The third weekend in May was the wedding of our dear friends Kris & BriG. I was so busy preparing for their wedding all month that I barely took pictures of all the amazing homemade ideas she used, because I was just too busy having fun! I drove down to Cape May and had an awesome time with all of her girlfriends from along the East Coast. BriG is a bit of a free spirit so she makes friends wherever she goes. Such a fun girl, and really passionate about children in foreign countries. K&B will be most happy together, wherever they are! And the last weekend in May was of course, Memorial Day, which we spent Sunday, Monday, Tuesday in Wildwood with my very gracious aunt and uncle...who live two blocks from the beach. oh yeah.

We've been surfing a few times, have seen dolphins like, every time, and I finally tried kayak surfing. SO FUN! My husband is also amazing in the water. If he had more time to surf and do water sports, I'm sure he'd be awesome already. It's an amazing sport and I so look forward to September when we get the best waves in NJ and we have more time to spend in them.

So now camp has officially started, the staff is here for training, and the overnight campers arrive Sunday night! Keep us in prayer as we go headfirst into the camping season. Pray for our staff- that the Lord would sustain and refresh them, and that He would speak through them. Pray for the campers- that the Lord would speak to their hearts, that they would acknowledge the Spirit and accept Jesus Christ as their Savior, and that they would go out and be active in faith and get plugged into a church.
And lastly, please pray for Mark and I. Camp is very stressful and offers little rest. Pray that the Lord sustain and refresh Mark throughout these next six weeks, that he would be able to stay focused and spend time with the Lord. Pray that I would have the best attitude possible when we can't spend time together, and that I pray for him and support him with the Word. Also, we have some very big decisions to make in the coming months.
Pray that we rely on the Lord 100%.

Pray that He would guide us and make every step clear. Thanks so much for making it to the end of this lengthy post if you're still with me!

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Jeana, you're awesome! I love you girl and appreciate all you've done and did for the wedding. We love you and Mark and hope you two can make a trip down one weekend.

    I totally agree with not getting enough pictures of all our crafts. We'll have to do some mock up photos of everything to give people some ideas.

    Love you. You, Mark, and camp are in our prayers. Please let us know if you need anything.

    LO
    VE
    briG

    ReplyDelete